Foogie.com Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Foogie.com Webmaster Forum > Discussion Boards > Foogie Hangout

Old 09-14-2012, 03:44 AM   #1
Slaw

Send a message via ICQ to Slaw
Question Looking to purchase non-nude Gravure style content.

I figured some of you may be able to source some content providers who have the Korean/Japanese Idol type photos. I just started looking and haven't found much. I'm probably searching in the wrong places. Thought I would ask you guys.

I'm only looking for non-nude right now for a project I'm starting.

Thanks!

C
Slaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
Slaw

I'm not sure if this site is dead, or my request is too obscure? heh
Old 09-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
Otaku

Default Gravure content

I can't speak for Korean content (which is even rarer), but I am not aware of any content providers that license Japanese gravure content, which probably explains the lack of response. It is too expensive to produce for what people are willing to pay for non-exclusive licenses, and there is really not a content provider market in Japan. If you are looking for exclusive custom shoots, that is something I may be able to help you with.

- Otaku
Old 09-16-2012, 02:58 AM   #4
Slaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
I can't speak for Korean content (which is even rarer), but I am not aware of any content providers that license Japanese gravure content, which probably explains the lack of response. It is too expensive to produce for what people are willing to pay for non-exclusive licenses, and there is really not a content provider market in Japan. If you are looking for exclusive custom shoots, that is something I may be able to help you with.

- Otaku
Thanks for your response, Otaku. I appreciate you offering insight from your experience in that arena. Japanese or Korean would be ideal, but isn't mandatory. I just used that as reference. Any cute Asian girls will do so long as it fits that photographic "look". It's the style of imagery I'm seeking, and it doesn't seem very commonly accessible as content.

I'm working on a pilot project for an app and the first test-case involves using "desirable" imagery. I figured pretty girls would work. I was looking for sexy/cute/hot type imagery that doesn't cross the line into "adult". Gravure style girls fit the requirements quite well and appeals to a broad male audience.

I was looking for common, inexpensive content to use since if the test-case fails, it will be scrapped. Perhaps I'll go look at using Kitteh pics instead and try targeting a female audience. lol

Actually, we have spoke before via email, long ago when I operated the LuvMandy site. AsianThumbs was one of the more productive sources of sales. Thanks for the traffic, and the help!

C
Old 09-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
shunga

Send a message via ICQ to shunga

Long ago Web Legal had Japanese idol picture content for license. From what source I don't know. But they may well no longer be in business.
Email: admin AT clockworkcash DOT com

shunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
Slaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunga View Post
Long ago Web Legal had Japanese idol picture content for license. From what source I don't know. But they may well no longer be in business.
Thanks for the lead, Shunga.

Tags
glamour, gravure, idol, japanese, korean