Foogie.com Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Foogie.com Webmaster Forum > Discussion Boards > Foogie Hangout

Old 05-05-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
faxxaff

Send a message via ICQ to faxxaff
Default Ffn

Anybody here still promoting Friendfinder and Co? I noticed a sharp drop off in ratios and revenue last month .... like -70% in a month and I have been promoting them for 10 years. Never seen anyhting like it before. I heard they are in serious trouble as Facebook is on their ass ....
Old 05-05-2011, 06:26 AM   #2
Lars22

Quote:
Originally Posted by faxxaff View Post
Anybody here still promoting Friendfinder and Co? I noticed a sharp drop off in ratios and revenue last month .... like -70% in a month and I have been promoting them for 10 years. Never seen anyhting like it before. I heard they are in serious trouble as Facebook is on their ass ....
We'll if I am correct they own Penthouse Magazine etc. and they are trying to do a IPO for it that is going to be very much less then the expected money they thought they will raise. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it suggests they are in debt from buying Penthouse.
Lars22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
kenhirai

I am promoting their Filipino Friend Finder, sales are stable and increasing slowly. ; )
Old 05-05-2011, 08:35 AM   #4
RJCASTLE

I thought they got hit with a lawsuit last week and may be the end or something like that on xbiz.

RJCASTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
faxxaff

Send a message via ICQ to faxxaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars22 View Post
We'll if I am correct they own Penthouse Magazine etc. and they are trying to do a IPO for it that is going to be very much less then the expected money they thought they will raise. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it suggests they are in debt from buying Penthouse.
If I got the numbers right they are 500 Million in the red and hope to raise 50 Million with this renewed attempt at an IPO to settle part of their debt. Then Facebook is sueing them for the 'Facebook of Sex' plagiarism. That won't be cheap either. Not the nicest outlook at all.