PDA

View Full Version : Circle Jerks

Austin
07-11-2002, 08:34 AM
What do you all think of CJ script? I see some of the asian sites doing the CJ thang. Personally I do not care for it too much. When I go to a site and click on a link I expect to see a gallery, not get forwarded to some other site. Then you click on one of their links and get bounced to yet another site. I have heard you can increase your revenues by doing this. But I try to keep my little surfers happy, I have worked for years to gain their trust and would not want to mess that up. But business is business, and if I could double my profits I would think about it.

CrazyAL
07-11-2002, 08:46 AM
I did the cj thing, it kicked ass 2-3 years ago when limited people had the script, they were pricey so not to many people jumped in on it but then once everyone saw the traffic you could get, everyone jumped in and it started sucking fast, then people switched to the cj2 thing... combo of TGP and CJ no console just sending out a % of trades traffic through galleries......this was the new trend and lots of people still do it. I use to do this on a TGP I ran, and it was okay but I think in the long run going clean with a TGP is better....the traffic with the cj2 type sites tends to suck. I gave up on it all cuz I was sick of having to maintain all the trades and I didn't want to shell out any more cash to towards those scripts.

I don't like them, but it will bring in more hits. If you do it right and don't send out to much through the galleries I think you should be okay. Almost all the major tgps use blind links anyway.

Mikey
07-11-2002, 08:27 PM
I used to do the cjs 2 years ago. Still have them running, but haven't touched them in a long time.

The productivity really dropped when people started running endless pop-up chains. Alot of the big tgps today were once cj sites or got their traffic from cj sites in the beginning, worldsex, elephantlist, sexape, etc.

I still get a few thousand hits a day from my cjs.

steve
07-14-2002, 07:16 AM
http://bbs.adultwebmasterinfo.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12210 <- the famous thread

steve
07-14-2002, 07:23 AM
my understanding is what you got out there now is hybrid sites....tgp with cj elements and top site elements, etc.

Mikey
07-14-2002, 07:35 AM
http://bbs.adultwebmasterinfo.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12210 <- the famous thread

yep that old post. hard to believe that it is from 2 years ago! but it is. that post essentially launched a 1000 tgps.

that is like one of the posts that shaped the future of tgps or atleast gave it some direction and got people interested in starting tgps, plus it came at the time cjs were starting to head downhill so it was an easy transition.