PDA

View Full Version : Petition To Have ABC's I-Frame Adjusted

Doug E
01-03-2006, 01:44 PM
I don't like the way Asian Babe Cams I Frame banners look when they show the 'new performer' thumb. Kind of junky looking. I'd like to send a petition to them to get rid of it or replace it with something prettier, perhaps a thumb for the site, something easier on the eyes. So if anyones in agreement, let them know :)

ALOTI
01-03-2006, 03:07 PM
I believe you are meaning the Gray frame with New Performer in it. I think we talked about this on ICQ. Okay, when a new performer comes aboard if they have not submitted a captured image, the result is the New Performer image. Yeah I agree it is irratating, but it can also be a tease if you think about it.

Like I said before, let me see if I can jar them to improve the iframe promo. I have already told them it is nice, but you cannot use it on a TGP submission. Also, ABC has a group of hosted galleries coming very soon. I have the URL to release, I am just waiting for the green light. I think the holidays have interupted the work process.

ALOTI

sushi
01-04-2006, 01:12 AM
I've been looking closer at ABC, and while they have been converting effortlessly for me, there are a few areas where they could improve...

- Video rate/quality is somewhat poor... many other vid cam sites have way better quality video with faster framerates. And although they say the video is "faster" in the performer's room, this is not true.

- The ABC girls really need some coaching on how to better sell 1-on-1 time. Many sit there fully dressed in street clothes and won't even give a quick flash to the cam. I realize that a lot of surfers will try to get free shows out of the girls, but it's almost ridiculous. They could be coached to be *a lot* more flirtatious rather than constantly bugging guys to "go private" with them... some of the girls make it seem as if you're in a cheap strip joint.

Really looking forward to the new galleries! :)

ALOTI
01-04-2006, 04:06 AM
Sushi, good comments, keep em coming!

ALOTI

xsiteu
01-04-2006, 06:57 AM
Don't have an opinion as I have not started promoting ABC yet.

Joined more than a month ago and have asked to be setup according to their instructions a half a dozen times.

Got a response asking me to be patient because of server crashes and whatever.

Bottom line is that it is now 5 or 6 weeks since joining and still not set up after the same number of requests.

A week ago I ask Aloti again and he said he would chase it up again.

Are the normally like this?

sushi
01-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Sushi, good comments, keep em coming!
ALOTI

No problemo. :wink:
Another comment I have is that the performers often change screen names - which makes it difficult for surfers to bookmark certain girls. I imagine that many surfers probably have a few favorite performers and it's difficult for them to bookmark and keep going back if the girls are constantly changing screen names. For example, I have one guy that's hooked and adds $$$ to his account several times a week, so I assume he's got a few favorites and keeps going back.

Anyways, so my suggestion would be to not allow the performers to change screen names, or at least set a cap on how often they can change the names.

faxxaff
01-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Another comment I have is that the performers often change screen names - which makes it difficult for surfers to bookmark certain girls. I imagine that many surfers probably have a few favorite performers and it's difficult for them to bookmark and keep going back if the girls are constantly changing screen names.

I would guess that girls do change their names in order to avoid certain guests. Can't blame them as some guys might be pretty rude (or potential stalkers).

INever
01-10-2006, 02:53 PM
The models who post little signs saying $1.49 all day. THAT looks bad on the i-frame.

ALOTI
01-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Another comment I have is that the performers often change screen names - which makes it difficult for surfers to bookmark certain girls. I imagine that many surfers probably have a few favorite performers and it's difficult for them to bookmark and keep going back if the girls are constantly changing screen names. For example, I have one guy that's hooked and adds $$$ to his account several times a week, so I assume he's got a few favorites and keeps going back.

Anyways, so my suggestion would be to not allow the performers to change screen names, or at least set a cap on how often they can change the names.

Actually Sushi they are not supposed to change their screen names. Early last year I help do an audit of their 2257 database. Part of the documentation requires them to list their screen name. However, they are allowed to use additional ones if they wish. The form allows for up to three screen aliases. Just randomly changing their name on ABC is not something they can do on their own.

ALOTI

sushi
01-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Part of the documentation requires them to list their screen name. However, they are allowed to use additional ones if they wish. The form allows for up to three screen aliases. Just randomly changing their name on ABC is not something they can do on their own. ALOTI

So they must create the aliases at the time of the orginal sign-up? Or can they create new aliases whenever? That's probably what I've seen then... but dosn't matter if their actual account names or aliases... I guess the point is, even if they're swtiching between 3 aliases, surfers will be unable to bookmark and find their favorites if they're switching aliases everyday... and that can lead to lost sales.

I guess the only reason it concerns me is because I get mostly repeat sign-ups, some of these guys are adding funds to their accounts everyday, spending hundreds per week. I'm assuming they must have a few favorite performers they're going back to all the time... and I just want to make sure they're able to find them again. :D

ALOTI
01-10-2006, 11:44 PM
I really don't see a lost sale problem. It could be a factor, but I think fairly small. The reason most have for multiple (3) aliases is the role they play online. Some Models do signle girl shows, couple shows and lesbian shows. They tend to like to use different names for different roles. :)

ALOTI

sushi
01-11-2006, 11:19 AM
I really don't see a lost sale problem. It could be a factor, but I think fairly small. The reason most have for multiple (3) aliases is the role they play online.

Not a huge deal, you're probably right.
But here's a recent example: A performer changed her name from "daniella" to "dannieella". I've seen a few others add the word "hot" or "sexy" to their usual names as well. All single girl shows, but with different names. Just little things like that will throw off the bookmarks.

INever
01-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Is anyone else bothered by the $1.49 ALL DAY window one of the girls has up?

I think it breaks the fantasy, makes the $1.99 price seem higher and ruins the look of the site and the IFrames.

If I had the site owners' ear, I would suggest amending the TOS to say effective such and such date, no pricing announcements in the front window.

A downward bidding war is not good for anyone!!!

ALOTI
01-13-2006, 02:36 AM
Is anyone else bothered by the $1.49 ALL DAY window one of the girls has up?

I think it breaks the fantasy, makes the $1.99 price seem higher and ruins the look of the site and the IFrames.

If I had the site owners' ear, I would suggest amending the TOS to say effective such and such date, no pricing announcements in the front window.

A downward bidding war is not good for anyone!!!

Hmmm, maybe I am talking out my ass, but reducing a rate is not always a bad idea. Works for WalMart. Yeah maybe the ugly sign advertising it hurts (as does the annoying "New Performer" image to some). But, think about it this way, the performer drops their price and nails down a surfer. The next trip the price is back up. Good sales technique. How many have actually seen a reduced sale in stats?

I don't know how anyone else is doing with ABC, but I make a friggen killing off the site. I know a few others do also, and one helluva lot more than me. Think about it, you don't have to post galleries, host images or eat BW, just pop a banner up and ka-ching "$$$". Where's the problem with it?

The site knocks down bucks simple as that. That's what we are looking for isn't it? Yeah I am personally involved with ABC, but seriously why all the noise? I don't hear guys like AlexShark bitching. Go ahead and jump me about the contact issues with ABC. But I will say on that, it is being fixed.

ALOTI

INever
01-13-2006, 08:46 AM
I agree that ABC is the best!!!!! So much gold is there in the stream for easy pickings.

It's my force of habit to always look for ways to make more dough, but as it is now, the program works VERY well.