PDA

View Full Version : Shaving sponsors dump thread

Travs
11-13-2005, 05:41 AM
dump those shaving sponsors here so that others would know and save their asses :lol:

Scuzz
11-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Go for it!
You first. (post proof) :twisted:

druid66
11-13-2005, 07:08 PM
if i finish with some sponsors i'll let you know and post here but for now i don't wanna fuck with guys which gives me cash for living (even if they shave sometimes) sorry...

you can call me coward...

ramtar
11-13-2005, 09:01 PM
I also think that thread starter should give the example and post the first one :wink:

jakudza
11-13-2005, 10:24 PM
i dont know any

or i cant proove it..

some sponsers just dont work for me.. i drop them .. thats all

faxxaff
11-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Persignup Qon has a list on his board about programs he believes to be shaving partners. Shoot him a pm to find out the url.

I am not aware of any that shave but there are quite a lot dishonest programs around that either do not pay at all or who redirect all or parts of their traffic to other billing accounts. I have posted about some of them in the past and others have done so as well so you should see a lot of examples on this board already (i.e. paycounter is a big scam who pays a few guys, only and fucks all others).

Travs
11-14-2005, 11:47 AM
hehehe ok fine I'll do it. :lol:

I think webcam-profit(cams2chat and asiancammodels) is shaving. tried promoting them for how many months and still no commissions.

right now,i'm so happy with ABC. Laz just told me how much sales I made and I was like whoah :shock:

faxxaff
11-14-2005, 03:46 PM
I think webcam-profit(cams2chat and asiancammodels) is shaving. tried promoting them for how many months and still no commissions.

I did make a few sales with them, but they do not sell well (ABC sells 10 times better at least). Not sure if they shave as the safshop affiliate info shows up in the order form, but their system with signing up for a screen name first and separating that from the process of buying credits is a long stretch so I believe that many potential buyers will give up before they can actually make a purchase. Another reason why they not sell would be the broken links on their page as well as the small number of girls online. And one more annoying thing is that they spam the members with unwanted emails several times a week, so there are many reasons why they do not sell ... it does not have to be shaving.

Fetishlady
11-14-2005, 05:56 PM
i'm happy with my sponsor so i have nothing to post here except good comment. :wink:

Corbu
11-14-2005, 06:50 PM
when you sya shave do you mean...

they shaved thier pussies bald? or steal money fromy our pocket sorta thingy

sushi
11-14-2005, 11:14 PM

I have no idea if they're shaving or not, but tried them for 1 month and got ZERO sales. I went back to ABC after some of the link-code stuff was cleared up, and got sales almost immediately. Strange since ABC and asiancammodels is basically the same type of content...

As faxxaff pointed out, cams2chat, etc. has a weird sign-up process where you have to enter a screen-name for "free chat", but then asked to provide a CC # for "age check" or something goofy like that. I think this turns away a lot of surfers when they realize they're not actually getting anything for "free".

Travs
11-15-2005, 10:10 AM
asiancammodels sucks.I think I might as well make a seperate thread for it.

ilsoph
11-15-2005, 06:47 PM
sponsor doesn't convert means they're shaving?

hmm.. ever thought that mebbe they just do a piss poor job of selling their product?

ramtar
11-15-2005, 08:16 PM
I have to say it's very difficult to discover if a sponsor/program is shaving. I don't know if any of you have some specific methods to discover this. Jumping in a the conclusion that a sponsor is shaving because you are not generating sales or you are not generating the amount of sales you expect is not an objective reason in my opinion. The reason it may be not converting for you will be because you are not promoting it in the correct/best way.

That's why I prefer to test several sponsors at the same time. I promote similar sites managed by different companies using the same type of traffic. After some period of time I compare the results and contiinue with the ones that do better for me.

Another factor that can be consider is the type of program sponsors offer. I prefer to go with the partnership instead of per sign up. Some sponsors may offer you up a $40 per surfer trial sign up(less than $5) but you really don't know what's really happend in the background of that. How do you test if they wait untill they recover the $40 by rebilling the surfer after they give you the respective payment? There's no way or it's very difficult to discover...

ilsoph
11-15-2005, 09:01 PM
There's no way or it's very difficult to discover...

where there's a will, there's a way... :wink:

and don't kid yourself that going revshare keeps your sponsor honest... if they can shave PPS's, what makes you think they can't just drop every nth signup for revshare?

ramtar
11-15-2005, 09:14 PM

and don't kid yourself that going revshare keeps your sponsor honest... if they can shave PPS's, what makes you think they can't just drop every nth signup for revshare?

yeah of course it's also posible, but at least the risk is lower, if you are, for example, in a revshare program which pays 50% for a $30 member sign up, you get $15 + future rebills, it's a win/win situation, if the program owner is smart he/she won't shave you on that, the more he/she gives you the more the trust you get on the program and the more the desire you will have to continue with them.

Travs
11-15-2005, 10:58 PM
ACM/C2C sucks. I know coz I've been there from the inside.

Edgey
11-15-2005, 11:44 PM

yeah of course it's also posible, but at least the risk is lower, if you are, for example, in a revshare program which pays 50% for a $30 member sign up, you get $15 + future rebills, it's a win/win situation, if the program owner is smart he/she won't shave you on that, the more he/she gives you the more the trust you get on the program and the more the desire you will have to continue with them.

I would have to agree, that is why i changed my program out of the trial 50/50 to the full membership with the 50/50 recurring.. I find that webmasters were starting to throw more traffic to our program and i myself have been promoting my program abit more, and when you get a signup and see a trial amount of 4.44$ at the time, i find myself more reluctant in advertising my program more because i start thinking.. What if the user doesn't stay? Or if the user is one of those guys who signups up and downloads everything then leaves? So i rather give my affilates more of an income with their initial signups. Which makes them and me happier.. I also find that the main reason why many subscribers that has signed up to my site and canceled was that their 'satisfied'.. Leads me to believe that the subscriber probably just downloaded a bunch of videos and pictures at the moment where he needed to jerk off and really wanted to get his fix at the time when he was horny.. Then knowing the trial membership constraints cancelled a day afterwards.. Then comes back again when he is horny again and resigns up knowing that its cheaper to do it twice or three times as oppose to getting the full membership.. However when a surfer signups up to the 24.95$ right off the bat I noticed a trend of them staying for a very long period of time.. I even got subscribers still from the first few weeks that my program started still members because they were on the NON trial membership. Wierd.. I'm starting to think surfers are getting very very smart.. That is why an affilate program better have the time and the resources to update their site daily much like a tgp but on a paysite. I'm a rookie paysite owner and i'm still trying to figure things out while the days go by.. I try to see things in different aspects.. And learn from them..

I for one rather promote a recurring program then a persignup program. Recurring is long term compared to the quick fix per signup programs.. Its a toss up i guess depends on if your in it for the long haul, or if you really need the money quick.. Its best if you use both.. of course.. try rotating them.. :)

sushi
11-16-2005, 03:57 AM
Well, I have no solid proof (almost impossible to get it), but I believe most sponsors shave from time to time. I mean, if you follow your stats carefully, you'll notice certain trends - sales dropping off for no reason at all on certain days despite the traffic #'s being the same. Yeah, I understand that there are slow days, but sometimes the patterns are too obvious. I think the more clever sponsors probably only "up" the shave ratio on certain days, then bring it back to normal on other days.

Then again, maybe I'm just being paranoid. :wink:

Edgey
11-16-2005, 04:19 AM
I think you would be more prone to being shaved if the sponsor uses an affilate webmaster program such as NATS, MPA3 etc.. or any other affilate program that controls your stats.. Its best if you had a third party program that sends the checks out ie Verotel or CCbill, that way you know for sure that your getting paid for what your worth..

* You really wouldn't know if your being shaved, because its practically impossible to get the real stats from an affilate program.. So i guess if it doesn't work for you.. Just move on..

Scuzz
11-16-2005, 05:17 AM
I think you would be more prone to being shaved if the sponsor uses an affilate webmaster program such as NATS, MPA3 etc..
I thought the whole Idea of Nats is better stats, and no way to shave?

Edgey
11-16-2005, 06:14 AM
I thought we had this discussion already? ;)
Let me ask you this, would you be more incline to signup to a sponsor program to a unknown paysite using a ccbill affilate program or a Nats affilate program?

http://www.foogie.com/viewtopic.php?t=4384

Scuzz
11-16-2005, 07:02 AM
Nats

Doug E
11-16-2005, 08:51 AM
Scuzz, you own ucumsee.com?! What happened to those cool eyes that would follow the cursor around and make me paranoid? :)

Scuzz
11-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Scuzz, you own ucumsee.com?! What happened to those cool eyes that would follow the cursor around and make me paranoid? :)
Damn good question. I've been sorta ignoring that site.
If you look, you'll see that it has a 0 PR. I think it's because of those spamming traffic cocksuckers that owned ucumseeme.com. They're out of business now, but I think google blacklisted them, and me along with them. I can't think of any other reason for a 5 year old site to disappear like that. :x

shunga
11-16-2005, 03:10 PM
I don't think shaving is *that* widespread.

But I do think that shaving is part of a wider concern. To use an extreme example, if a sponsor is paying $45 on a $2.95 trial, how does that pay?

A kick ass back end that rebills extraordinarily well? Hmmm...

Or is it hard for surfers to cancel? Upsell-o-rama? Shaving? All of the above?

I'm no expert in that field, but if you're going to jump at those numbers it seems to me that someone is most likely being fucked over somewhere.

faxxaff
11-18-2005, 02:18 PM
I am not sure if they are shaving, but they certainly are not loyal to their webmasters and they do play some nasty tricks. You can promote them with CCbill or Safshop links to 2 different sites, but once a person signs up for a free account with them, they send him an email asking him to login to one of their 2 webpages, that sounnds like that ...

So log on to www.asiancammodels.com (Safshop Processing) or www.cams2chat.com (CCBill processing) and enjoy the improved video.

Gary Banks

AsianCamModels
www.asiancammodels.com
www.cams2chat.com

That means right here about 50% of the members will click to the alternative site with a different processor and I suppose you will get no payment for these sales.

Travs
11-18-2005, 03:44 PM
there's a horrible story behind ACM/C2C...so for now, all i can say is if you plan to promote them or make business with the owner,----think twice.

webgurl
11-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Nats is a solid program and its true what they say , it has the NO SHAVE FEATURE , yes some of you say you can modify it to but its not easy to do that and I beleive for you to get the source code you have to purchase the software, nevertheless it is difficult to add any sort of feature that doesn't cut the affilate in for ANY sort of sales accumulated by an affilate. Why would you use just CCbill it doesn't cascade to another billing if there are any problems with CCbill its pretty much a one -shot deal ? These days I hear their ratios are on all time drop anyways .. :?

sushi
11-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Why would you use just CCbill it doesn't cascade to another billing if there are any problems with CCbill its pretty much a one -shot deal ? These days I hear their ratios are on all time drop anyways .. :?

Hmmm, good point, that would explain a lot... CCbill ratios are definitely at an all time low for me.

xsiteu
11-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Well there a some that shave and others that just decide what to give out.

I was always getting pissed of with Nasty. One period they would be in the 1:300 area and the next it way 1:2000. Todward the end and start of each period there may suddnely be good sales.

It was explained to me that they are pretty fair. They just work out how much they can afford to pay at the end of the period.

This is the opinion of another web master who may have some inside information.

I can look back of 2 years and see a pattern but I would not suggest here that is the case. Just the opinon of another webmaster.

This webmaster also pointed out that no program can afford to pay $35 on every sale when it is often only a trial or the do not continue.

In otherwords they all need to shave. The question is what is reasonable.

Extreme Pay checks was converting at 1:200 for a year for me month in month out. Now they are suddenly 1:2000 or even 1:3000 It just so happen that around the time the conversion ratios changed John opened a new program. I would not suggest Extreme are shaving but it funny how things happen sometimes.