PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a digital photo camera?

ramtar
10-20-2005, 11:41 PM
I'm curious about if some of you guys have a digital photo camera. I just got one last week. It's a very simple camera: HP Photosmart E217, 4 megapixels. For what I need it: personal photos, it's more than ok, and also considering it's my first digital camera, but i'm sure some of you may have a professional one, specially the ones that shot content. So tell me about it, how's your digital photo camera? Really want to learn about the advantages of the pro models.

CrazyAL
10-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Well it's kinda like the diffrence between regular film cam and SLR film camera.... you can just do so much more with a SLR style camera digital or not.

DWB
10-21-2005, 01:09 AM
I moved up to an SLR D-70 about 6 months ago. I have had some tech probs with the cam, had to send it back THREE times now... but when it works, it really shines.

I also have a Canon Powerhot G6 that I use for running around. That also takes great pics, but it is not an SLR. The SLRs will spoil you once you get used to it.

azdollz_man
10-22-2005, 12:46 AM
Hi Ramtar,

I actually have a couple of digital cameras. I have a Canon D20 that's really good and I also have an Olympus Evolt E300 that is nice as well.

Both are 8 megapixel SLR cameras but the Olympus cost me about $450 less than the Canon and that's what I've been using for a while to shoot Yumi Lee's content.

Here is a sample photo:

http://www.yumilee.com/skiznillz/random_halloween_small.jpg

This is downsized, small version but the quality is pretty good I think.
With the lenses you get with the SLR cameras and the quality of the processor inside these cameras your images turn out great.
Hope that helps you out a little bit.

Azdollz_man

shunga
10-22-2005, 01:21 AM
I've had an Olympus C750 UZ for a while. I've taken mostly landscapes with it, and I've no complaints with the quality, although it's probably overpowered for me as I never had time to master all the options.

Travs
10-22-2005, 03:58 AM
I have a Nokia 3650 camera fone :?

Chichio
10-22-2005, 04:01 AM
I have a Nikon D70 and a Nikon 4004 (film camera). My family has always been a Nikon family. :)

Civic3D
10-22-2005, 06:39 AM
I have Canon EOS350D

faxxaff
10-22-2005, 07:49 AM
While digital cameras still don't reach the quality of old fashion film material and drum scans, they certainly increase your productivity and lower costs.

... and of course, they are really nice toys :roll:

Quality Asians
10-24-2005, 05:03 AM
I have a Canon D10 & D20. They produce excellent images! Now i just need to quit being cheap and spend a few grand on the lenses i want!

webgurl
10-24-2005, 08:20 AM
i have a pentax S4i 4 megapix, got it cause of cosmetic appearances its a slim , light cute cam but doesn't have quality , lacking forsure . Paid 600 for it last year (what a waste) i want to get rid of it !!!! :roll:

ramtar
10-25-2005, 06:10 PM
i have a pentax S4i 4 megapix, got it cause of cosmetic appearances its a slim , light cute cam but doesn't have quality , lacking forsure . Paid 600 for it last year (what a waste) i want to get rid of it !!!! :roll:

Wooow $600 for a 4 megapixels cam! looks like it's too much, I paid only $200 for mine.

Try seeling it on ebay and buy a better one with the respective money...

wildgirl
10-25-2005, 08:43 PM
I have a Sony Digital camera (cyber shot) and it's really the best, it's just a wedding gift to us by one of our Principal sponsor :)

Otaku
10-25-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm thinking of getting a Nikon D70S, unless anyone has better recommendations for a digital SLR around $1000. My digital point-and-shoot is just too laggy.

- Otaku

faxxaff
10-26-2005, 03:20 AM
I'm thinking of getting a Nikon D70S, unless anyone has better recommendations for a digital SLR around $1000. My digital point-and-shoot is just too laggy.

- Otaku

The D70S is a pretty good deal. Overall a great camera for the price. IMHO better than the competing Canon models, specially the fast sync times are a big plus for action shots with fill in flash. The only turn down is the lack of possibilities to adjust auto focus settings.

Have a look at this site for comprehensive in-depth reviews:

http://www.dpreview.com/

Cowboy
10-26-2005, 06:04 AM
I have a Canon D10 & D20. They produce excellent images! Now i just need to quit being cheap and spend a few grand on the lenses i want!

I have a Canon 10d and 20d also. Never satisfied with the 10d as one corner of the frame is always soft even after Canon serviced it on warranty. 20d has never failed me but they moved the focus points closer together which I don't like. Only reason I stick with Canon is the amount of money invested in their lenses.

Almost every other camera seems to have better color saturation than the Canons.