Let's see how long we can keep this thread alive :P

steve
06-29-2002, 06:14 AM
maybe this board isn't ready yet for a massive sig thread... :wink:

CrazyAL
06-29-2002, 06:36 AM
:oops:

old joke but goodie...

Son: Dad, I have to do a special report for school. Can I ask you a question?

Father: Sure son, what's the question?

Son: What is politics?

Father: Well, let's use our home as an example. I am the wage earner, so let's call me capitalism. Your mother is the administrator of the money, so we'll call her the government. We take care of your needs, so let's call you the people. We'll call the maid the working class and your baby brother we will call the future. Do you understand?

Son: I'm not really sure, Dad. I'll have to think about it.

That night, awakened by his baby brother's crying, the boy went to see what was wrong. Discovering the baby had soiled his diaper, the boy went to his parents' room and found his mother sound asleep. He then went to the maid's room where, peeking through the key hole, saw his father in bed with the maid. The boy's knocking went totally unheard by his father and maid, so the boy returned to his room and went back to bed.

The next morning:

Son: Dad, now I think I understand politics.

Father: That's great, son. Explain it to me in your own words.

Son: Well Dad, while capitalism is screwing the working class, the government is sound asleep. The people are being completely ignored and the future is full of shit.

steve
07-06-2002, 04:16 AM
hmmm...this thread is sinking fast.......................

wonder if it would do better in the opportunities section :lol:

eru
07-06-2002, 04:17 AM
test :P

steve
07-06-2002, 04:23 AM
hehe...I hotlinked Al's banner..

eru
07-06-2002, 04:23 AM
Al's gunna kill you now! We hate hotlinking! :P

steve
07-06-2002, 04:25 AM
of course, I really shouldn't encourage the commercialization of sigs...that gets out of control way quick :P

steve
07-06-2002, 04:34 AM
hehe...ok...now I hotlinked Al's banner and linked it to venus scan....here's the BBCode from http://www.foogie.com/forums/faq.php?mode=bbcode

http://www.phpbb.com/images/phplogo.gif (http://www.phpbb.com/)

webgurl
07-07-2002, 07:11 AM
Whats Hotlinking? :?:

steve
07-07-2002, 07:24 AM
hotlinking is when I link an image from another domain...so I can have a page and link images from your page by putting img src tags in my page.

webmasters hate this cause this burns their bandwidth. the king of hotlinking (or...really...linking to unprotected image directories) was the hun...that's how he started :roll:

CrazyAL
07-07-2002, 07:46 AM
He was running a pic post? before the TGP.............he now drives a ferrari

mech
07-07-2002, 08:38 AM
the king of hotlinking (or...really...linking to unprotected image directories) was the hun...that's how he started :roll: :lol: Yes let's run the Hun up a flag pole for something he allegedly did in '96 (did you actually visit his page and see this activity or is this third hand knowledge from the cronies at GFY?). Back in the day pretty much everyone was using stolen content, hotlinking, useing geocity freesites or their ISP webspace for hosting. Sure it wasn't right but this is how things worked then, all that matters is how people conduct business now. Besides, you know you'd all kill you first born to be in his shoes now wouldn't you? :wink: Come on admit it. :P

steve
07-07-2002, 10:11 AM
the hun was famous for ONLY listing open indexes...I remember it because I used to visit his site. some other big sites used to do the same that are still around.

open indexes used to be the thing :lol:

mech
07-07-2002, 10:19 AM
I guess it's sort of like FXP now. If you're stupid enough to leave anonymous access open on your server you're almost inviting people to create a warez pub. If you didn't/don't use htaccess perhaps you deserved it? :twisted:

steve
07-07-2002, 10:26 AM
that's the roots of his surfer-friendly attitude... :lol: :lol:

al4u/ampland same thing

steve
07-07-2002, 10:38 AM
true...a lot of sites were just wide open and asking for it...it was the big game to go hunting indexes

eru
07-07-2002, 05:12 PM
People who don't have a correctly-configured .htaccess deserve to get their ass hotlinked!