PDA

View Full Version : Paysite Updates - Daily, Weekly or Monthly

smoker
06-27-2002, 09:11 AM
For Paysite owners.

What is your schedule on updates?

Daily? Weekly? Monthly? or when you have time?

We personally update our sites one a weekly basis. I wanted to see what the schedules of updates for site owners?

For Daily updaters - Has your customer retention gone up since doing daily updates? Is the amount of content updated the same amount as you would do in a weekly update? Is the updates mainly pics or both pics and movies? or just movies?

For Weekly updaters - Does your member signups increase on the day you update your site with new content?

For Monthly or longer updaters - Is your customer base increasing even though you update once a month?

Peter - (smoker)
Asianteenz.com - Paying webmasters since 1997!

CrazyAL
06-27-2002, 09:27 AM
I been doing my updates every 2-3 days sometimes I do a streak of every day, but usualy never go more then 3 days with out a update. It tends to be pics and movies....sometimes the odd new section, feed, and thingiez :lol:

smoker
06-27-2002, 10:03 AM
Al,

If you update every 3 days...Is the updates usually 1 set of one girl or several? How many pics roughly for your updates? 100's? or 1000's?

CrazyAL
06-27-2002, 10:39 AM
Well it depends, unless I am adding a whole new section or feed and stuff like that.....it's mostly 1 set of pics, or movies every 2 days just to keep something fresh coming in......but I add something big and juicy at least every month......like a feed or whole new section so it does get pretty darn pricey. Right now I am in the minus :cry: cuz the paysite is pretty new and as you probably know it's hard to get a new sponsor program going at first so I don't have to many advertisers at the moment and pretty much support the whole site or try at least with my Asian TGP .....hint hint to anyone who wants a new sponsor :) I'll give ya 60% :twisted: When you update what are you adding weekly?

eru
06-27-2002, 12:27 PM
I update weekly. I add at least 500MB of movies each update. Once in a blue moon I have will have a "surprise" update.

MyCatsBreathSmellsLikeCat
06-27-2002, 06:48 PM
i update every two weeks......i used to do it weekly, but then i started running out of space on the servers and had to cut down.

500 MB?! you must have a huge server! unless you remove old stuff after the updates?

eru
06-27-2002, 07:05 PM
I run a movie site. I add at least 500MB each week removing nothing. The server has about 60GB of space I think so I'm not too worried about running out of space :)

Did you get my emails I sent you last night Jeremy? I had trouble submitting both my picture and movie galleries.

06-27-2002, 08:15 PM
yeesh...60 gigs...my servers are so old..haha..i should upgrade.

yes, i got your email. i accidentally left out a comment mark on my main script so nothing was getting updated for 2 days. sorry, it's all been fixed.

eru
06-27-2002, 08:33 PM
How big are your servers?

06-28-2002, 02:37 PM
that is a good question. i will have to ask the server admins. = )

eru
06-28-2002, 03:58 PM
I'm getting a new 36GB SCSI server today for TGP and MGP galleries -- can't wait :)

mech
06-28-2002, 08:17 PM
eru, if you don't mind me asking where do you get your content? Do you licence it or do you make it yourself if you know what I mean :wink: (rip, rip, re-encode, re-encode)?

07-04-2002, 09:45 AM
Eru gets most of his contents from Dynamix.

eru
07-04-2002, 03:12 PM
If I got most of my content from Dynamix then my archive would be about 5GB. Dynamix is a tiny site compared to mine.

mech
07-04-2002, 07:32 PM
Maybe Guest posting should be disabled? I don't think I'm the only one who doesn't like mystery men posting.

eru
07-04-2002, 10:20 PM
Yea -- don't let mystery men pose. If they are too lame to show themselves, then fuck them.