PDA

View Full Version : Ad spots on foogie?

CrazyAL
09-26-2002, 10:49 AM
I know it's still small and maybe a lil early but I figure I can offer some ad spots anyway for cheap..would like to keep it in house if possible :).. right now I am just going to go by offer for 1 month...and I plan on only having 4 slots. 1 slot would include 1 button on the footer and 1 rotation spot at the top of a 468x60 banner.

Let me know what you think about this....comments always welcome from you guys 8) Maybe if it works out I can build a lil foogie t-shirt fund :)

ALOTI
09-26-2002, 01:41 PM
Sounds good Al, let us know your costing options and other details.

smoker
09-27-2002, 06:54 AM
Al

defintely let me know your costs...I'd like to have the oppty to have my program advertised on your site :)

Thanks!

CrazyAL
09-27-2002, 07:12 AM
Honestly I don't even know how much to charge :) what do you guys think is a good price? I was thinking going on some kind of bidding option but right now I don't think foogie is large enough to do get much bids.

ALOTI
09-27-2002, 08:53 AM
I have seen 120x60's getting between $25 and $50 a month per page and 468x60's getting $50 and up per month. But then again the site doing the advertisement and its popularity are definite factors. Being your membership is aimed at webmasters mostly, I think your market might be limited. I think if I bought a space to advertise CTG I would be singing to the choir.

Al, this might be a good topic for the Hangout. Ad sales and valueing your sites marketablity.

CrazyAL
09-27-2002, 09:19 AM
Well it would be seen on every page through out the forum...... all about how many hits you get I guess.... Where did you get these prices?

ALOTI
09-27-2002, 10:27 AM
Al, I spent a couple days just hitting webmaster resources and search engines for internet advertising. Let me go though my old notes and see if I still have the links. I know I got some from YNOT and the Adult Webmasters Association. But like I said, most are ambiguous depending on the site, its appeal and traffic. I did see a few formulas, but they were over three years old, so not usefull today. Also they were geared to commercial, not the Adult niche.

Some of the webmasters I asked more or less gave me the "If you have to ask you can't afford us" attitude. When I mentioned "Adult" I was quickly shuffled out the door. So much for cooperation. Maybe here we can do something here together.

John

CrazyAL
09-27-2002, 10:35 AM
I see....I know ynot has auction for premium listings

CrazyAL
09-30-2002, 09:51 AM
Okay well if anyone is interested please private message me, email me, or ICQ me at 2606599.

I will be offering 4 spots in all and 3 are available, I may offer more later on.