PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 unique daily traffic hits, but only $500 monthly earn

sammaster
09-14-2002, 11:35 PM
10,000 unique daily traffic hits, but only $500 monthly earn

Would you please guide me? Thank you in advance.

How to increase earning? I thinks $1,500 if suitable. I want to use paid host but I will be die if too low earning like this

My site is http://18asians.com . Need to link exchange all with your site too

Sam

mech
09-15-2002, 12:58 AM
I think the old maxim "it takes money to make money" applies here. If you're not willing to take a risk with paid hosting or you can't afford it then don't expect to make a living at this. Sorry but no one ever said being an Adult Webmaster was cheap or easy.

ALOTI
09-15-2002, 03:11 AM
Mech is right! It takes money to make it. (I have not seen your site yet, sorry, commenting on the run) I run a free site and work hard. You need a reputation and reliability to deliver. Don't take me wrong, but assuming the role of as "Adult Webmaster" makes no promise of funds. No one is going to come running with the bucks to you. You have to work at it, have a niche. This is a very competetive area. It is real work, not thrills, sorry!

I handle around 500 meg of space (I pay this), aint cheap and after three years am still trying. I have faith though. I am getting some returns now (and finally recognition), maybe others have done better, but that is the fare. Last week I took 2.5 million views - zilch on return. Numbers don't say it, product does. At least you are seeing a return, work on it!

Sorry if I seem negative, I am not. I am happy you pulled a paycheck, many of us don't. Just hang in there and give it your best. Don't put the dollars first, but the product. I think you will see better times. Do an honest job, the $$$ will follow.

Okay guys take your shot at my approach! I just feel upfront makes it in the long term, I am patient. You all here have a better grasp.

Scuzz
09-15-2002, 04:27 AM
You all here have a better grasp.

Yeah, right. Half the time I feel like a blind man, and the other half I feel like my IQ just dropped through the floor. :oops:
However, one thing I'll venture to say is that most of us have "pet Projects" that don't make a cent, and other sites that we'll do anything for a buck on.
Oops...Am I the only one??? :wink:

Edgey
09-15-2002, 04:34 AM
10,000 hits and you made 500$ ? Wow, thats better then me.. Keep up the good work!!!

or do did you get 10,000 hits a day x 30 = 300,000 hits a month and you made 500$?

500$ a month US is good too.. without the bandwidth charge!!!

sammaster
09-15-2002, 04:07 PM
Thank you for all comment :)
Since I run adult site for a while, but a little know about adult business

Sammaster

smoker
09-16-2002, 08:01 AM
sammaster,

defintely change your host..Free hosts suck..never really reliable. It definitely takes money to make money.

Try driving traffic to other resellers as well. Maybe the programs you are signed up with are not very good with the traffic you have.

Thanks