PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting mailed viruses

CrazyAL
09-10-2002, 12:17 PM
I keep getting these viruses emailed me but with diffrent email addys so I am having trouble blocking them.....driving me boinkers I get a shit load...wondering if I pissed off someone ? hehehe

Any idea how I can stop this? I have norton checking my emails but it's still annoying

eru
09-10-2002, 12:36 PM
Norton sucks -- how can you stand having that stupid splash screen pop up *every single time* there is a virus? I swtiched to AVG..

freeman
09-10-2002, 01:05 PM
i always get viruses in mailbox last time. i suspect most of them was sent by surfers visit my tgp. so i try hide all my email address from my tgp. and change all to html form instead of "mailto". now no more virus into my mailbox...

cyberprince
09-10-2002, 09:24 PM
I too was getting a lots of worm emails before, I'm still getting those now but at least I don't have to look at them.
I use Outlook Express 6 and they have one good feture on that program,
under Tools menu there is Message Rules and go to Mail, there you can make any email rules you want and only get whatever kind of email you want to receive. :o

cyberprince
09-10-2002, 09:28 PM
And most of them are not from surfers, they are from your fellow webmasters who don't know they have worm virus on their computers and those *ucking worm sends out all the emails from address book.

Timothy
09-10-2002, 09:43 PM
This can't be stopped for sure! I'm not sure but the virus nams is "Kletz" it hacked into smtp servers over thee net then send out virus e-mails using random email address! I can't imagine but sometimes i got this spam from my own e-mail address in the "from" header :(
It has been sent everywhere ex .cn .id .cz .br ,, etc. :evil: Hell!

Mr. Rick
09-11-2002, 12:22 AM
thats what pisses me off....I know my system is clean, yet people out there are probably still getting viruses with me in the "from box".

Lamp3y3
09-11-2002, 01:48 PM
i got soo many of those at my old email i had to cancel it, and im still getting them. my own email in the header too.

CrazyAL
09-11-2002, 10:35 PM
yah it's pretty bad they send out this one once in a while claiming it's a worm immunity program it's pretty funny :) Feel sorry for anyone who opens it

Otaku
09-12-2002, 11:52 AM
I was getting over a thousand virus emails a day recently. Although I could filter most them straight to the trash can, I still had to download them all from the mail server first. Fortunately, I found that almost all of them were coming from the same IP address (61.216.125.193). I asked my web host to block all mail at the gateway from that IP, and viruses were reduced to a trickle.

If your viruses appear to originate from the same source, see if your host can block the IP. It will also be in their interest to keep their mail servers unclogged.

- Otaku

JACK
09-12-2002, 11:01 PM
Back in 96 I gave up on running my own mail server and moved the E-mail for my site to yahoo and I never had to worry about virus over the E-mail every again. Yes I know it doesnít look pro but at lease I donít have to put with the bullshit. Over time Iím found they many of the E-mail virus been sent to me for from webmasters.

Yes AVG a cool virus fighter but it seem to miss a lot of virus Nortonís catches and when you quarantine a virus with AVG it has the bad habit of coming un quarantine about 6 months later, AVG automatically re-quarantine the virus again for you with out bugging you but you lose a little each time.