PDA

View Full Version : Lancelot went out of business today

Mr. Rick
09-10-2002, 04:04 AM
Another credit card company bites the dust. Owes me a few grand I'll probably never see. If your using Lancelot for anything...time to switch.

Lamp3y3
09-11-2002, 01:50 PM
wow, i even tried to singup with them last year but their website was total crap and didnt process my app correctly. i even emailed them but they never replied . lucky for me :shock:

JACK
09-12-2002, 11:12 PM
Lancelot was a joke ask any one if you turned off you java and cookies you could walk on to any site on a NT sever listed with them and as for there Linux gateway they had setup the pass files were not protected well and any one could down load them and give them a try and see where the pass took them. I ran Lancelot for a while until I found out what was going on and how many people were getting in for free.

Mr. Rick
09-13-2002, 12:40 AM
They had better security than the java script but it was a pain to setup. I stuck with them on one site because I was making a killing on recurring billing - just couldn't let it go.

Plus I was burned by SYSPO (i think that was their name) and hate to switch when something is working(Lancelot always paid on time in over 2 years with them).

Just like hosting. I can find cheaper now, but have no real reason to move just to save a couple bucks. But its getting cheaper and cheaper; I just dred switching.

JACK
09-13-2002, 02:12 AM
Well When I was dealing with the they had about 5 scripts for NT server 2 were java based and they all were a joke but they did give me all the help I need to set them up its just they never really worked that good. There Linux gateway was a good idea you enter in a pass and then it took you to these site you paid for I thought that was pure cool until I found out that the data server that had all the passwords on and that did the redirecting had very poor security and every one was doing these pass files and posting the passwords every were. Hell I even check out some of these site you just enter in the password and you never new where it would take you it was kind of fun. But as them protecting my site I though I would get out before to many people got in to my site for free.

Have you every had a credit card company not pay you on time? If so who, just wondering.

Any pro card company you deal with you can setup recurring billing and if they donít have recurring billing I would deal with them.

Be careful of cheaper hosting some of these cheaper host do not have stable net speeds and other are just plain slow.

Any ways best luck to you if you ever need a hand with any thing just ask :-)