PDA

View Full Version : $5 vcd's and dvd's off the net?

ecchi mecha
08-25-2002, 07:01 AM
anyone bought off of any of these sites selling vcd's for $5 + shipping? sounds a lot better then downloading for ages ;-)

I found a bunch off of eBay...

ecchi mecha
08-25-2002, 07:13 AM
of course...I know it is bootleg stuff...I just want to evaluate it to decide if I should buy it or not 8)

webgurl
08-25-2002, 07:38 AM
I just go to china town or go to secret night markets and get super duper good deals on stuff like that
the advantages of being asian :lol:

ecchi mecha
08-25-2002, 07:43 AM
I just go to china town or go to secret night markets and get super duper good deals on stuff like that
the advantages of being asian :lol:

haha...the secret is out!!

Mikey
08-25-2002, 11:57 AM
i have bought some of those off of ebay. but i stay away from the bootleg vcds. although 90% of vcd's are bootlegs anyway. i buy the chinese movies on dvd i can't find in the US, just because they aren't carried by most US distributors. but after shipping costs, those $5 vcds end up costing $10 'cause they charge $5 for shipping, even though you look at the package and it has a stamp for 80cents on it.

you are better off doing what webgurl does.

webgurl
08-26-2002, 03:21 AM
:lol:
My sister saw Tripple X and Spiderman DVD's yesterday at some chinese store in chinatown !! They were only 8 bucks CND each. Tripple X is still in theatres too!!

mech
08-26-2002, 04:50 AM
:lol:
My sister saw Tripple X and Spiderman DVD's yesterday at some chinese store in chinatown !! They were only 8 bucks CND each. Tripple X is still in theatres too!!Gurl you've got a lot to learn about the bootleg movie biz... many of those movies "still in theatres" come out several weeks before they even hit theatres and some are very good quality... I saw Signs 2 weeks before the theatrical release, it was a SVCD workprint, meaning the quality was equal to VHS.

And for anyone is ready to jump down my throat, I saw it the first day it was released in theatres anyway! Great movie btw, everyone should see it, best out this year so far. :)

leo
08-26-2002, 07:48 AM
i did. i bought like 3 dvds and i was so disappointed. all the movies were censored so theres not much to jack off at :cry: then i gave it to my friends.

Mikey
08-31-2002, 01:03 AM
i got star wars episode 1 in manila a few years ago when it came out, it was a copy someone had made with a video camera in the movie theater. it is funny, you can hear the crowd cheering, a few heads move when someone gets up and a cell phone ringing. but for about $1.50 can't beat the price.