PDA

View Full Version : Arrrr how do I get rid of this GAIN bs?

CrazyAL
08-24-2002, 08:30 AM
Again hit with a self install program that is impossible to fully get off..... I think these companies are pure scum to be pulling stuff like this :P Just started getting bad this year.

a4y
08-24-2002, 08:50 AM
Do you have Audio Galaxy installed in your computer? its new version has GAIN included.

CrazyAL
08-24-2002, 08:59 AM
nope

cyberprince
08-24-2002, 05:33 PM
Yes, I want to know the answer too.
Does anybody know how to get rid of that shit? :pissed:

iLostMyPwdAgain
08-24-2002, 06:01 PM
i'm pretty sure ad-aware takes care of it, right?
http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10121984.html?tag=lst-0-2

if not, then try
control panel -> add/remove programs
and search for GAIN and remove there.

if that doesn't work again, ctrl-alt-delete, find it in your task manager, search for the prog on your comp, and delete it manually.

Timothy
08-24-2002, 07:25 PM
All this fucking problem are from the full-of-bugs browser :evil:
Microsoft goes to hell!

JACK
08-24-2002, 07:33 PM
CrazyAL,

First get your self a firewall that give you software flow control this will stop programs like this from reinstalling is self in your computer every time you turn them on. You can try using ad-aware but ad-aware is only a spy removal tool and most of the time the programs are not spy where.
These programs install them self in not one place but two places and should only one be deleted in reinstalls its self.
First deleted the one in your program files folder then go into you windows folder and delete the one in your browser folder they should do the trick but to be on the safe side run Nortonís utilities / Win Doctor after this is done run recheck the folders to see if there gone for good if not delete them and then restart your computer.

If this does not work Iíll need more details in order to help you.

CrazyAL
08-26-2002, 12:44 AM
ad-aware worked like a charm........thanks man :smoking: