PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everybody!

japan-one
08-17-2002, 07:38 PM
Just arrived... John at ALOTI invited me in...
Wow... this place is so lively!

A bit of intro... the name is Charles, creator of japan-one.com TGP (as of this moment, the MYSQL database is down, so it's crippled. wondering why live support is never there when you needed it :( ).

May be some of you know the site 2 years before I took it down... that's when I just finished my degree and found a job. At that time, the traffic was 10k uniques per day

I started it again 2 months ago (well, you guessed it, I am jobless now :oops: )... found some stray traffic at about 200 uniques a day... still smoothing out the rough edges on the site before full force marketing, also wondering if the host can withstand high traffic... it's been quite unreliable. As of today, traffic is hitting 1k (I know it's miserable).

I have a confession to make to MyCatsNameIsMittens, I am "mirroring" your TGP links... well... if you are unhappy about it, let me know. :P

I also have a few free spots for free sites. If any of you is interested, just email me. I don't require any reciprocal, just have nice free content and design in your site is enough.

When I am free (you will agree, it's a luxury), I would cook, make ice-cream (good old way of ice and salt) and drive my Remote Control Truck, something totally different from being a webmaster. But don't get me wrong, I love being a webmaster.

I tried shooting pictures once... turned out ok, but still quite amateur, will post some when I touch up a little.

Anyway, enough of blah blah blah... gotta go pester my server support.

Before I forget, "Hello to every one!"... did I say it already?
Nice finding this board. I'm sure I will have less free time :D

webgurl
08-17-2002, 08:21 PM
:twisted:

Word Up! Japan-One

ALOTI
08-17-2002, 09:45 PM
Hey Charles, glad you made it. Now I am not the only webrookie here! :lol:

Just an observation, but you have a pretty good wealth of experience here to learn from. Enjoy and get to know some folks.

Anyhow, welcome aboard.

John

PS: I dropped you a mail yesterday