PDA

View Full Version : Autogallery questions

CrazyAL
08-08-2002, 06:04 AM
For those using this script, when you edit html of the main page or archives you lose all the galleries on the page? I have been fooling around with it and if I change the html for the main page then click update and then click rebuild main page all the galleries are gone. IS this normal? shouldn't the galleries stay? I mean what if I need to change something like a link trade or something and when I update want to show mulitple days on one page............maybe I have setting set wrong or something.

CrazyAL
08-08-2002, 06:15 AM
Hmm it worked now but before I lost all the galleries when I hit rebuild...... :nut:

Scuzz
08-08-2002, 06:28 AM
Are you using Autogallery Pro, or SQL?
They work differently.

mech
08-08-2002, 06:37 AM
Once a gallery leaves the Current Database and moves to the Archive Database or is Deleted no matter how hard you try it'll never reappear on the main page again. No other edits of any sort (including HTML edits) should result in any loss of listings from the main pages. If things suddenly don't look right after a Rebuilt then it's probably a HTML error (aka. Human error).

Mind you though of course that I use SQL and don't know if the same applies for Pro.

CrazyAL
08-08-2002, 07:52 AM
it's sql one.......well it's wierd I changed my html and built the page and the galleries from before did not show

Scuzz
08-08-2002, 10:07 AM
How on earth did you get 1? The latest version is 2 and it's a free download if you bought earlier.
This months special is only $50 for a copy.

What I do is just have autogallery make a list of galleries formatted the way I want.
I then use SSI to suck the list into the main TGP page.
Makes editing the page way easier than doing it in Autogallery.
http://www.kikos-asian-thumbs.com/agsql/tgp.htm for the list.

CrazyAL
08-08-2002, 12:05 PM
Cool I use to do that with a top list script :)