PDA

View Full Version : Singapore IP question

shunga
11-13-2007, 10:35 PM
I've had a bunch of sales, most from Singapore, one with an address in India, all on the same IP. The first reaction is fraud, and there are suspicious similarities with some of them.

But I have one person emailing me his innocence, and he's persistent, whereas carders, if they do email, go away pretty quickly. Therefore I thought I'd look into it further.

This is the company the IP resolves to:

Singapore Starhub Cable Vision Ltd

Anyone know what the situation with IP's is with them? I know AOL can be cloudy on IP's. What's the situation here?

CrazyAL
11-14-2007, 04:12 AM
I don't see much issues with Singapore, I find it to be a good place for sales. I am always paranoid to say much in a public forum always think these suckers google us :lol: all I would say is if I see anything wierd I rarely would take a chance, at the very least contact riskman.

Scuzz
11-14-2007, 07:26 AM
We've had a very small amount of fraud from IPs that purport to be singapore.
Starhub seems to be the main ISP there though, so I wouldn't flag them like EV1 or the like.

shunga
11-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Singapore is pretty reliable.

He's insistent it's a genuine signup, but I can't see how Starhub would issue the very same IP for a bunch of people joining over a short time span. I can't find anything to explain that away. And surely Starhub has more than one IP? ;)

faxxaff
11-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Singapore is pretty reliable.

He's insistent it's a genuine signup, but I can't see how Starhub would issue the very same IP for a bunch of people joining over a short time span. I can't find anything to explain that away. And surely Starhub has more than one IP? ;)

Starhub is a big provider here. I am not sure about the same IP ... sounds a bit strange, but it could be if all of them use the free wireless connection. Each Starhub subscriber to internet lines and mobile phone services as well as their international roaming partners can use free WIFI all over town. You just send a message via sms and you get an access pass to the nearest WIFI station. I could imagine that these accesses points all share the same IP, but I could be wrong. I will test it when I am back next week.

shunga
11-14-2007, 03:29 PM
That's interesting, faxxaff. I'm starting to think he really is genuine but it still needs a solid explanation for the IP match.

If you could PM me the IP when you are back that would be very helpful, too.

Shoplifter
11-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Sounds like there is an open proxy...

faxxaff
11-14-2007, 06:51 PM
That's interesting, faxxaff. I'm starting to think he really is genuine but it still needs a solid explanation for the IP match.

If you could PM me the IP when you are back that would be very helpful, too.

Why don't you ask the guy to send you a copy of his Credit Card and his passport for verification .... ?

I will contact you about the IP once I am back in the city :-)

Scuzz
11-14-2007, 11:49 PM
what's the IP number?
I'll look it up in our database....

shunga
11-15-2007, 02:12 AM
Why don't you ask the guy to send you a copy of his Credit Card and his passport for verification .... ?

I will contact you about the IP once I am back in the city :-)

That's an idea. I've asked him for verification. And thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

I heard back from him; it's not a wireless connection join, it's from home. If he is a carder he has balls of steel. But nothing would surprise me anymore.

shunga
11-15-2007, 02:21 AM
what's the IP number?
I'll look it up in our database....

Message sent.