PDA

View Full Version : TGP thumb sizes..

Methodcash Rick
10-02-2007, 11:55 PM
Since I'm not a big surfer type dude, what are the common thumbnail sizes that TGP guys use typically?

Thanks
Rick

mrxxl
10-03-2007, 12:21 AM
I use:
88x88
100x100
90x120
110x150
120x150
130x160

Scuzz
10-03-2007, 01:44 AM
I'm pretty much a 90x120 kinda guy

JP513
10-03-2007, 06:06 PM
160x107

faxxaff
10-03-2007, 06:21 PM
69 x 3

Methodcash Rick
10-03-2007, 06:23 PM
69 x 3

Sweet... We'll jump right on that size. :wink:

faxxaff
10-03-2007, 06:44 PM
69 x 3

Seriously, most scripts will choose a thumb for yah and it is best for tgps and submitters to make their own selection in order to keep up variety. The effort is very reasonable to do so.

If all TGPs will use the same thumb you would get less hits to your galls ... or is everybody to lazy to create their own thumbs?

Methodcash Rick
10-03-2007, 06:48 PM
69 x 3

or is everybody to lazy to create their own thumbs?

Whoop, there it is... :fruit:

faxxaff
10-03-2007, 07:01 PM
It might be a nice incentive for a sponsor to reward the good people and fuck around with the lazy ones. I would suggest some social corporate responsibility and help the serious people that work over the lazy beggars and copy cats.

I mean, there are some really hard working guys out there and a few quality guys that make a difference like asianthumbs, and some other big guys that sell submit passes and of course submitters that do the work to help you. All of them will help you and go out of their way to support your program. Why support the crooks who just copy and paste?

I think it's just another of my brain farts ....

Methodcash Rick
10-03-2007, 07:53 PM
It might be a nice incentive for a sponsor to reward the good people and fuck around with the lazy ones. I would suggest some social corporate responsibility and help the serious people that work over the lazy beggars and copy cats.

I mean, there are some really hard working guys out there and a few quality guys that make a difference like asianthumbs, and some other big guys that sell submit passes and of course submitters that do the work to help you. All of them will help you and go out of their way to support your program. Why support the crooks who just copy and paste?

I think it's just another of my brain farts ....

I couldn't agree more.. nothing against the guys who use only our FHG, or RSS / Hosted blogs etc, but typically those are not the guys who are going to be making the most of what a program and the sites in their network has to offer.

My biggest bone of contention for YEARS has been (and I'll probably regret saying this down the road) how LAZY some affiliates have gotten.

Back when I first started a program back in 97, we called it a PARTNERSHIP program, and in this PARTNERSHIP program, every PARTNER did their job, making their galleries, or pages posting banners, etc etc etc, with the access we provided, and everyone made money.

These days, SOME affiliates sign up, and expect you to provide them with every size thumbnail under the sun, 100,000 FHG's, free hosting, custom galleries, custom templates, and on, and on, and on, and on, and all of that before they even send a single hit.

Hell, if I'm expected to do all that, why don't I just run the whole thing for them, and just send them a check.

Sorry, I'm running off at the mouth again, I'll shut up now before I put my foot even further down my throat. :wink:

mrxxl
10-04-2007, 09:35 AM
I am one of the lazy ones. :oops:

If a sponsor offers FHG with Thumbnail URL I use them.
If not my galleryscanner does the job.

But I am to lazy to handcrop all galleries. Sometimes I do, if I don't like the thumb, then I make a handjob. :wink: